Plants & Flowers News
- How Dries Van Noten Made Prints Using Flowers From His Own Garden
The Belgian designer shares a glimpse inside his flower-filled estate.
- Dries Van Noten | Fall 2019
The fashion designer on the making of the floral prints for his fall 2019 collection.
- During a Solar Eclipse, What Are Plants Doing?
Research conducted during the Great American Eclipse of 2017 suggested the sun’s midday disappearance shocked some plants.
- Forget the Pork. Add Some Flower Power to Your Quesadillas.
A Mexican chef takes hibiscus beyond drinks, syrups and jellies and returns it to the center of the plate.
- Joel Grey’s Other Love, Art, Is Not So Far From the Stage
Photography, his personal passion, is “quick moments of a life that are gone the minute you take your eyes away,” he says.
- The Understated Elegance of Frangipani Fragrances
Floral but not fruity, the subtle tropical scent feels just right for summer.
- The Flower That Came Back From the Dead
The Tennessee coneflower is proof that much of nature might yet recover — if we commit ourselves to change.
- Take Two
Hey, David Liben-Nowell and Victor Barocas, wait just a —
- These Are the Faces of Tranquillity
A photographer aims to interrupt the predominant narratives about people of color surrounded by urban decay.
- These Animal Migrations Are Huge — and Invisible
Swarms of insects move across continents each year. Scientists used radar to track one species and discovered a vast ecological force.